Shower Melts

We all know bath bombs are the bomb, but the bathtub is not the only place we can pamper ourselves. I, like many others, take a lot of showers. It's a great place to get mentally prepared and charged for the day, or to unwind and relax and the end of it.


So, shower melts.  They're just baking soda and a few drops of essential oils.  I went with peppermint and lavender and it was perfect! I also considered that the baking soda might help keep my shower floor just a little cleaner (yes, please!). Sadly, I have no proof of this theory yet, but observations are still underway, lol.

The concept is simple enough. Mix baking soda with enough water to pack it into molds, then bake it until dry, and add your favorite energizing/unwinding essential oils. 

My first batch was either too wet, or not packed hard enough because it crumbled as soon as I attempted to pop them out of the mold. I finished crumbling them and saved my peppermint-lavender scented baking soda to use later in bath bombs - after all, I couldn't just throw it out!!

My second batch, however, was spot on. They were still a bit crumbly, but for the most part, held together nicely. In retrospect, I would let them dry a little longer, but was still extremely pleased with the final product.  I made a handful of them with lemongrass and lavender essential oils as well, and they turned out wonderful! I can't quite decide which scent combo I like better.

The outcome:
Using my first batch in the shower is pointless. It essentially washes down the drain as soon as the water touches it, although it smells great.
The second batch is really nice. The cubes are quite firm, but would not withstand being bumped around too much.  I would highly recommend storing them in an airtight glass or a rust-proof tin.  The glass jars would add a nice decorative touch as well. They last 15-20 minutes, which might be a bit longer than my normally hectic morning routine will allow, but is perfect for a nice, relaxing shower at the end of my day. My husband loves them, too! Also, these came in at about 70 cents for 2 weeks worth!

Would you use them? What are some of your favorite scents for energizing or unwinding?  Tell me in the comments below! And be sure to like my Facebook page to be the first to hear about new products and freebies!
.

Comments

Popular Posts